Tuesday, March 9
Southern Experience
Well Teresa, growing up in Tuscaloosa, Alabama many things shaped my life. As you know by now Alabama Football rules here, but what overtook that for me was soccer. I have been playing since I was 3 years old. I don't think its so rare for people to play soccer in the South, but comparing it to how all my friends either played baseball, basketball, football, or ran track I was kind of the odd man out. This bothered me for the longest of time, but as I grew older and matured I understood that playing football or basketball in the South would not make me any "cooler." My character depended on me and I determined what ideals would form my passions. My old soccer club is used to win state championships back to back which is what helped me gain a passion for winning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment