Wagon Wheel caries a distinctive southern sound that is mirrored in the music video above. Both the violin and banjo can be found in most music coming from south of the Mason Dixon Line. The lead singer Ketch Secor completes the band's bluegrass twang with an strong southern accent. The song tells the story of a man traveling great distances to see the woman he loves: "I made it down the coast in seventeen hours, pickin me a bouquet of dogwood flowers and I'm a-hopin for Raleigh I can see my baby tonight. . This theme of searching for your "baby" or being away from loved ones can also be found in country, southern rock, and blues. This is a wonderful representation of how southerners are "people" people and are extremely close to family and loved ones. The video has the band performing at a local fair in an open field during a girls show; both of which can be found in most southern cities..
Wednesday, January 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Dylan, far more analysis is necessary.
Post a Comment